National study Social Service Scheme (N.S.S)
MGMCRI has got a Govt. funded NSS unit, in Liaison with the state NSS cell. The NSS is an Indian Government sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. The scheme aims at developing student’s personality through community service. The cardinal principal of the NSS programme is that, it is organized by the students. Both students and teachers through their combined participation in community service get involved in the task of nation building.
The broad objectives of NSS are to
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony Participation of students in NSS activities are absolutely voluntary.
AZADI KA AMRIT MAHOTSAV: 76th Independence Day celebration
Essay Writing Competition: The literary and debate club conducted an essay writing competition on 13th August 2022 as part of our 76th Independence Day celebration.
FOR LIFE ON EARTH (NATURE CONSERVATION DAY)
The Eco club of the Student Council, MGMCRI, organized an herbal plant saplings plantation ceremony on 31st July, 2022, in commemoration of Nature conservation day.
2nd October, 2021 marked the 152nd Birth Anniversary of dearest father of our nation Mahatma Karamchand Gandhi, fondly known as Bapu. To commemorate this, to