Safety of Students/Wards
The safety of students is the prime concern of MGMCRI. The institute has taken all measures as per the guidelines provided by UGC.
- The whole campus is well fenced and all the entry and exit points are manned by security guards both men and women. Important nodes of the campus are under CCTV surveillance. Entrants/visitors are tracked with the id proofs and contact details at the hostel.
- The biometric attendance system is used to track student’s attendance to overcome proxy and a digital mechanism has been devised for the deanery to monitor students attendance and notify the parent in case of absence and to track student’s movement.
- All Students and staff are provided with authentic ID cards and the wearing of ID cards are made compulsory in the institutional premises.
- Digital signage and notice boards are installed at important student movement areas like a hostel, college, cafeteria, etc., which flashes awareness information on ragging, harassment, and security aspects.
- A separate student welfare department functions at the institutional level to handle the welfare of the students.
- Student Counseling System with dedicated counselors is available for effective management of problems and challenges faced by the students. Frequent feedback and survey are taken among the students to monitor their mental health and to address problems like anxiety, stress, fear of change or failure, homesickness, and academic worries.
- Mentor-mentee system is being implemented at the institution where each student is allotted a Teaching faculty who will act as immediate mentors and problem-solvers for the students and deanery ensures frequent meetings with the student and the mentors.
- Frequent Parent-Teachers meet is being held to update parents on their wards academic progress and to address any gaps and grievances.
- The online portal is functional at the university level so that parents, students, faculty, the patient can report on their problems and grievance for immediate action.