Medical Simulation Center
MSC is equipped with state-of-the-art mannequins for providing simulation-based training to undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare students of medicine, nursing, dental, and allied health streams. The Centre has dedicated task training areas, 2 high fidelity areas with a control room for running team-based training, a small group teaching –cum-debriefing area, and areas for AHA training including BLS, ACLS, and PALS. It has various task trainers, AHA mannequins, and 2 high fidelity mannequins, one adult and one baby. The necessary clinical equipment and consumables to conduct these training programs are also available. Examples of mannequins available include:
- Neonatal iv cannulation, Intubation, and resuscitation trainers
- Delivery, IUCD insertion, and episiotomy suturing mannequins
- Surgical skill trainers like suturing, chest tube, catheterization, NG tube insertion, surgical airway etc.
- Medical skill trainers like lumbar puncture trainers, central line insertion, airway trainers etc
- Adult and child resuscitation trainers with feedback
- Examination skills trainers for obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, ophthalmology, ENT etc.
- Trauma training mannequins
- High fidelity computer-controlled patient mannequins, both adult and baby Supporting clinical equipment like Anesthesia Machine, AED Trainer, baby warmer, defibrillators